Saturday, September 13, 2014

Service, Service, Service.

I was in a meeting this week when I heard this word repeated three times in a row: Service, service, service. Thinking about all of my time I have spent as a missionary, this completely sums up what I have tried to do. Of course, I'm not even close to being done yet. I am only given 18 months to give up practically everything to serve my Heavenly Father. 18 months is a really short time. There is so much I want to do, and so little time.

Mental, physical, spiritual, emotional--we have many needs. In this meeting, I was reminded of a story in the bible it is found in John 13: 4-17.


Jesus Christ was the perfect example of service. The perfect example in everything. As I have tried to emulate his example, I have fallen short. But I still feel the approval of my Heavenly Father. I know that he is proud of me. I know that he has accepted the small sacrifices I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment