Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Your Faith Securely In Place

There are times in our lives when we question what we know to be true. I have questioned what I know to be true. This last weekend in General Conference, Elder Neil L. Andersen gave a very wonderful address that touched my heart. He gave gave two words of advice in our times of doubt:

1. Find scriptures that you know are ABSOLUTELY true.
2. Read the testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. Even record it in your own voice and listen to it in attempt to gaining a testimony for yourself.

I loved his quote, "You won't be of much help to others if your own faith is not securely in place." We can be a source of help to others in this crazy world. In my own life, when I start to have my doubts, I always ask myself, "Do I know the Book of Mormon is true?" and "Do I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet?". If we cannot answer yes, it is my hope that we will do as Elder Andersen suggests. Find scripture that you know to be  absolutely true. Then review the testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. If we can come to know of these two basic truths, all our doubts will disappear.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Because I know this, I know that the Church of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth again through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today that lead his church. I know that God will never lead his chosen authority astray. This is the true church on the earth today. If you have any doubts, I challenge you to do as Elder Andersen invites. Try it, see what comes from it!





No comments:

Post a Comment