Saturday, July 26, 2014

Feelings of Guilt, Part 5: Endure to the END!

This is my final blog about feelings of guilt. I chose to blog about this because I know that everyone goes through trials. Everyone makes mistakes. It is only through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can feel relief from these feelings of guilt. Christ's gospel is simply faith in him and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and then enduring to the end.

One of my favorite verses on enduring to the end comes from 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:"

What does it mean to endure to the end? It means to be faithful to our savior. It includes sincerely repenting of our sins. It is entering into the gate of baptism and partaking of the sacrament weekly. It's receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and then continuing to keep the commandments so that we may be worthy of his companionship. It is repeating these principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Personally for me, enduring to the end means knowing that my savior has paid the way for me. Because I understand that he knows EXACTLY how I feel. He knows what I'm going through and what I desire. It is because of his suffering in the garden of Gethsemane that made it possible for her him to understand everything I am going through. He knows not only me, but you too.

 Alma 7:11, "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people."

Not once does it say your sins. Not once does it say your mistakes. It says your pains, afflictions, and temptations. It is for this life. It is for right NOW. He knows you. He will help you through everything. Fight a good fight. Keep the faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment