Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Knew It, And I knew That God Knew It

Recently while going door to door, we came across a man who had some very anti feelings towards the church. Although he was very respectful in conversation, we could tell that there was no way that our conversation was going to end well. His main point to us was we must sincerely question the prophet Joseph Smith. He did not believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. As I bore my testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, and how I knew he was a prophet, he cut me off. He again repeated that I must sincerely question myself in what I believe to be true. As he repeated this to me, a verse of scripture came to mind. It is part of the account that Joseph Smith has given to us. Joseph Smith is accounting to us what his feelings were after he had told others (including respected preachers and pastors) of his experience. It reads:

25 So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.

The part that came to mind while talking to this man was the part that reads, "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it." This is how I felt. I reflected about how I learned for MYSELF that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the experiences I have had in learning of this truth. They are very special experiences that Heavenly Father has given me. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that God knows how I feel. To ask me to deny what has been taught to me by the spirit would cause a condemnation upon me. So I can not deny it.

This is why I am on a mission. I have gained a testimony for myself that The Book of Mormon is true. Because The Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He was called to restore Christ's church back on the earth again in these days. I love and revere the prophet Joseph. He truly did God's will. I can not deny what I know, neither will I apologize for it. This IS Christ's church on the earth again. We have the fullness of the gospel once more.


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your testimony of faith in the Prophet Joseph Smith. Belief and faith is felt in the heart, not in the brain. Many people are past feeling and harden their hearts to truths. So we need to keep sharing our convictions to help soften and help people to feel the spirit. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete